Pauley P Dot Com

Sunday, November 27, 2005

ANGELS ANYWHERE

The first time I saw "Angels In America",
when it first aired,
things were different.
Although I always tried watched
excellent programming like this,
especially that which deals with issues
I am intensely involved with,
like civil rights and AIDS awareness,
this one felt personal.
I was in a desperate situation,
I was very sad, and calling on angels,
big time,
because I had no hope left.

I TiVo'd all episodes
and laughed and cried watching them.
I wanted to rewatch it,
but since then,
my TiVo is gone,
as are most of my things,
and I do not have TV anymore,
but now, it came out on DVD,
so I got to see it again.

We have been watching the
entire 6 episode program over the last week.
I LOVED it the first time.
This time was different.
and I LOVED it again.

But the first time,
after praying for a certain
undeserved intervention
for years,
(be careful what you pray for)
I was only fascinated by the convergence
of divinity/humanity...
but had no experience.

People always think I'm brave,
which is crazy,
I am the weakest, most scared person
you could ever encounter.
However,
I will admit that writing the following in a public
journal is brave for me.

In May, 2004, I learned what it meant
to be visited by an angel.
Alone in a hotel room in the middle of
the night, completely shocking.
Yeah, I prayed for that kinda thing for years,
it's nuts,
but, apparently, it happens...
shit.

Mine didn't have wings,
just so you know.
Mine appeared as light
and wisdom.
Future wisdom.
Future Joy.
Future sadness.
Future Battles.
But...
Future.

No one is more amazed,
even today,
as me.
And,
HELLO!
I know how crazy it sounds.
But ...
Whatever...

It
happened
to
me.

-pp

If this has happened to you,
please tell me at:
pauleypdotcom@gmail.com