Pauley P Dot Com

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

RISEN MAGAZINE

So, a while ago,
people I didn't know contacted me through my website
and asked me to do an interview for their magazine.
"Risen Magazine".

I did not know what it was.
They gave me three copies to peruse.

The covers of the three I got
were Ozzy, Adrian Brody, and Bam Margera.
I was told that the magazine asks important questions;
Philosophical questions, spiritual questions.
But I hear a lot of shit, all the time.
One night I pulled them out and
it was so true.

I love this magazine.
It is no fluff in content,
(yes there are ads, because, it's a magazine).
I sat down for hours and read all three
magazines from cover to cover
and I fell in love.
It is absolutely my favorite magazine ever.
They interview all kinds of people,
but instead of silly Hollywood stuff,
it's about the real stuff,
mind, heart and soul.

I decided to do this interview
and met with the writer/editor Steve
and his friend (and my dogs, and
later, my boyfriend joined us as well)
for what turned into hours upon hours
of conversation about important questions.
Philosophies, spirituality.

So, I'm posting to say that my interview
is in the current issue of Risen Magazine.
(march-april, '06)
Well, some of it.
If they had actually transcribed the like FIVE
hours of conversation, it would have had to
have been a book (maybe later).

The issue also includes interviews with
The AMAZING Will.I.Am
from the Black Eyed Peas (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
(they put out two different covers per issue,
I'm on one cover, Will.I.Am is on the other,
and his interview is GREAT!),
Anne Rice, and Danny Trejo (awesome),
and articles on Bono, and other multi medium artists.

The reason I'm posting about it is because I love this
magazine, and I really want it to keep on coming.
It's important and interesting.
You can get it at good newsstands everywhere.
If you can't, go to their site,
www.risenmagazine.com
and request a copy, or better yet, subscribe.
If they are sold out of this one,
tell them to make you a new one.
(you can also download the articles on-line)
It's good stuff by good people.

Cheers.

P.S. Fun facts:
- In the opening photo on page 48, that is my beautiful
friend Tony's hand, he was mentioned and pictured on my
blog just after halloween with his costume (11/10/05)
He was the make-up artist. To the photographer's credit,
he snapped that picture as Tony was doing my make-up
and the stylist had thrown the shawl on me because it was cold.

- The dress I am wearing on page 51, my sister in Tennessee had
sent me in the mail the day before.

- The t-shirt I am wearing on page 52 is one of my
all time favorites in my huge collection of vintage T-shirts
that I bought for $1 at a thrift store.

- In the photo on page 54, I am wearing a T-shirt I made,
the words used to be on the back of the shirt, so I cut it up
so the words would look right on the front. And the socks
are my favorite old school tubes that I have 100 pairs of.