Pauley P Dot Com

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

BZZZ-ZZZ

Not alot of posts because
I've been busy as a bee,
busy as a bee in a bonnet.
And when I'm not,
for fleeting moments,
I'm thinking about the 3 thousand other
things on my plate.
And when I'm not,
I'm trying to sleep.

Like last night, grrrrrrr...
I woke up suddenly at 6:30 AM,
after two hours sleep
when I didn't have to.
I remember being very, very happy.
I had some kind of dream where I
figured out something I was trying
to figure out, had wonderful resolution,
woke up happy, and in trying to
rerun my dream and it's lessons through
my head a zillion times so I'd remember,
I fell back asleep
and had an awful nightmare,
which is what I woke up to for my
real waking up to the day moment,
and I forgot what the hell my
happy dream was about.


Southern Saying Alert:
"Bee In Your Bonnet" is an old southern saying
which means whatever is driving you crazy,
or making you mad.
Like,
"I saw Sue down at the church house,
and she's got a real bee in her bonnet
about that pot luck dinner"

And for the international crowd:
(this may be southern as well)
"Busy As A Bee"
means, well, really busy,
ummmm...
like a bee is.
Clearly.

OH!
Also for the international crowd:
"TANG" is a powdered orange drink mix.
Yes, I got all the notes...
"What the hell is Tang?"

Southern Saying Alert #2:
"Pot Luck Dinner"
is where a bunch of people
(usually at the church house)
bring a whole bunch of home cooked food
in their own dishes and sit it out for
everyone to eat a bite of everything.
This usually involves alot of casseroles.
And I miss them, yum.

Tonight I had awesome Italian with
my boyfriend and friends Adam and Allie.
Adam was my roommate in NY,
and eating Italian in LA with him
brings back good NY memories.

must sleep, must sleep,
must work, must sleep.
must work, must work,
must sleep...

Here's to happy dreams for everybody!