Pauley P Dot Com

Saturday, February 11, 2006

SWEET FREEDOM

The day after the happiest day of my life
I posted an entry called "Sweet Freedom"
about the amazing lyirics to the song
"Someone Saved My Life Tonight"
by Elton John and Bernie Taupin
but it seems as though someone
didn't like me liking that beautiful, poignant song,
so, it was mysteriously deleted it off my blog,
gee, I wonder how that happened?

Anyways,
I was just here working
with my I-Pod on shuffle
and heard it in the background.
It's so beautiful
and meaningful to me,
that I'm going to repost it:

Random Lyrics from
"Someone Saved My Life Tonight"
Music by Elton John
Lyrics by Bernie Taupin
from the record "Captain Fantastic"
(which I have on vinyl sitting next to me)

It's one more beer and I don't hear you anymore...

Someone saved my life tonight
You almost had your hooks in me,
didn't you dear?
You nearly had me roped and tied
Altar-bound, hypnotized
Sweet freedom whispered in my ear
You're a butterfly
And butterflies are free to fly
Fly away,
High away,
Bye, Bye


A slip noose hanging in my darkest dreams
I'm strangled by your haunted social scene

Saved in time,
Thank God My Music's Still Alive

They're coming in the morning
With a truck to take me home.

So save your strength
And run the field you play alone.

- from "Someone Saved My Life Tonight",
by Elton John and Bernie Taupin