Pauley P Dot Com

Monday, October 16, 2006

I Get By...

Sometimes it just takes
allowing a little bit of love.
And some fun.

After thinking too much for a while
about really bad things
and really bad people,
I had a couple of days that reminded me
that other things
are way more important.

Like having so many good people
come over, send LONG e-mails,
and hug me, love me, call me.
My friends are awesome.
I would quote that Beatles' song,
"I get by ..."
but I'm not a big Beatles fan.
I prefer Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush's
"Don't Give Up", (DOWNLOAD!)
but it's the same sentiment.

And like,
having an absolute blast
seeing Def Leppard and Journey play
with my friends Matthew, Samantha and Taime
the other night.
We had so much ridiculous fun
and so much love all around.
The show, and then hanging out with
a bunch of neighbors,
it was a perfect evening.

And like,
today,
me my boyfriend and friends
walked in the AIDS WALK LA.
There are not words to describe...
but...
So many amazing people,
(over 30 THOUSAND!)
loving and supporting each other,
beautiful faces of every race
and gender...
Amazing.

Ummm...
The clock stopped...
2:21 AM.
I was just writing this wonderful missive,
and heard an absolutely horrible,
deafening car accident,
while I was writing,
For Real.
I called 911, ran out of my house
in my pajamas and then held a
very bloody guy on the sidewalk
because he was in shock
and there were no blankets or anything.
His legs were broken,
and he was sweet and scared.
His name is Alphonso.
If you pray,
please pray for him right now.
I have his blood on my shirt
and glass in my socks.
God bless the firefighters
and EMTs who came.
I hope he is OK.
I'm praying, Alphonso.