Pauley P Dot Com

Saturday, December 10, 2005

I Hate The Holidays

These are the lyrics to a song I wrote
and then gave to people as a holiday gift.
With the current annual frenzy driving
me absolutely nuts again,
I think I'll post 'em.
------------------------------

I Hate The Holidays
by Pauley Perrette

Oh, the Holiday Cheer,
It comes every year,
You can´t hide, no matter how scary,
You must join the fun
There´s no where to run
Just smile and be merry, merry...

Selling guilt
And credit pays,
"Peace and Love" as bad cliches,
Some dumb carols, plays and plays...
God, I hate the holidays...

Big fake smiles and a yule log´s blaze,
Choke on the smell of Christmas sprays,
Weird Elf suits and store displays...
I hate the holidays...

God I hate the holidays,
I really hate the holidays...

Sweater sales and plastic sleighs,
Santa Hats, passed-on fruitcake,
Jingle bells and children´s plays,
God, I hate the holidays...

Travel plans and nerves a´fray,
Gift wrap...Everyone is Gay!
Ornaments and a new toy craze...
I hate the holidays...
God, I hate the Holidays...
I HATE THE HOLIDAYS
(repeat this like a million times,
and you can scream it all hardcore if you want
and stomp around, it helps)