Pauley P Dot Com

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

DAVID SEDARIS

So, anyone I know or have met or have passed in
the supermarket
probably knows about my obsession with the author
David Sedaris.
And it is well deserved.

I first picked up "Me Talk Pretty One Day"
in an airport years ago, randomly,
and the rest is history.
I buy every new book the day it comes out,
I have them all on CD as well,
and have purchased 100s of copies of
"Me Talk Pretty One Day" to give to people.

Night before last, Michael and I drove to
Long Beach to see him read live and it was
AWESOME!
So great.
Fun and funny.
I was beside my self.
I waited in the three hour line afterwards
to get my books signed
one for me and one for my sister
(also a fan)
I was SO nervous to talk to him that we waited to be last
in line so I could get my bravery up.

There was a group of people outside while we were waiting
who kindly let me freak out my fandom to them
so I would be less weird inside.

All went well.
I got to the table,
I was cool,
thanked him for staying so late,
he asked me what I do for a living,
I told him,
he asked me if that was weird,
I told him,
and then I told him that in case he is ever
sitting around wondering,
I am, in fact, his biggest fan,
I told him I have purchased hundreds of his books
and given them to everybody,
and that I had the CDs and everything David Sedaris.
He was awesome,
and signed my book,
"Pauley,
Thank You For Making Me Rich.
David Sedaris"

Great night all around.
Thank you, David Sedaris
For Everything.