Pauley P Dot Com

Saturday, September 24, 2005

FRENZ

Always get nervous when placing an animal.
I'm careful.
I get to know them first,
try to figure out the best person fit
for the particular animal's needs.
I usually don't sleep
the night that I deliver an animal
to new people.
But tonight,
I think I will.

The Dude went home to spend the
weekend with a dear couple I know
to see how he did as a partner cat to their
beloved rescued baby.
I nervously awaited a report
and got lotsa laughing on the other end.

Apparently, The Dude came in like
the funny guy he is
and played famously with
potential little sister.
His new person called me
and kept laughing at the
play he was witnessing.
(and sent pics! woo-hoo!)
Fast friends,
let's hear it for he dude.

Me and The Dude talked
alot about this
over the past week.
"Dude, if you're cool,
you might have a REALLY
good home this weekend."
We talked about being cool,
accepting, grateful.

So one little guy
is safe in a happy home
with nice people,
with a beautiful little sister cat
at this moment.
And The Dude is cool.
He's LOVING his new kitty friend.

I miss him,
but I always miss them.
But it's SUCH A GOOD THING.
My other friend asked me lately,
"Don't you get attached to the
animals you work with and then
find homes for?"

I said "YES, all of them."
Of course I do.
That's the thing.
Get to know them,
fall in love,
figure out what they are up
to, and find them suitable
people for their personalities.

I LOVE The Dude.
Best thing that I could hear is that
he's happy and safe and playing
with his new friend.
Yeah, I miss him.
But good.

Similar "dudes" can be found
at a rescue near you.
(especially if you live near the Gulf Coast
right now, there are THOUSANDS)
Many species available.
Even if you can't adopt,
you can work with one
and make them more adoptable
on your free time.
Trust me,
It's good stuff.