Pauley P Dot Com

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

POD-ESTRIAN

One of my very favorite things to do
in life,
if not my very favorite,
is to lie (lay? hmmmm...)
in bed with my pets and
listen to my I-Pod
REALLY LOUD on shuffle.
My own little radio station.

You can bet I'm not going to find
a real radio station that has mixes like:

Bright Eyes
Biggie/Jr. Mafia
Journey
Muse
Prince
Rage Against The Machine
A Tribe Called Quest
Motley Crue
Ours
Bob Dylan
RadioHead
System Of A Down
Paul Simon
Ryan Adams
Queen
REM
Tricky
NIN
Arcade Fire
The Cult
Beastie Boys
Louis Armstrong
Guns N Roses
The Killers
Indigo Girls
George Michael
Tom Waits
Beck
Pink
Etta James
The Presidents Of The United States Of America
The Postal Service
Hendrix
Jeff Buckley
Death Cab
Janis
Missy Elliott
Modest Mouse
A Perfect Circle
Billie Holiday...
etc.

and especially with no commercials.
Can you imagine all of those people
in a room together?
Biggie with Freddie Mercury?
Ryan Adams with Janis?
Slash with Missy Elliott?
Paul Simon with System of a Down?
Tribe with Journey?
Slash with Billie Holiday?
Tom Waits with The P.O.T.U.S.o. A.?
Prince with Etta?
Hot!


Well, they are all together in my room.
Happy.
And
it's
Fun.
Big fun.

This is where I get inspired,
shake things off,
find my peace,
figure things out...
In my bed,
me,
my pets,
and all those guys.
Together.
And I generally sing
REALLY LOUD.
(It's good for you,
I'm sure it annoys my neighbors,
but it feels good)

I think if I were to listen
to all my songs
on my I-pod
it would be like
over a week of music.
If ONLY I had time to do that...
to do
nothing
but
THAT
for a week.

All kinds of everything.
Everybody
In my room
random order,
hanging out,
no commercials,
big love.

Fantastic.