Pauley P Dot Com

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Beasties

Since they first put out Beastie Boys videos
on VHS years ago,
I would have a tradition of watching them
when I was happy
when I was sad
before I went out...
lots of occasions,
any occasion,
over and over and over again
and it never failed to make me extremely happy.

Now all of them and more are on
Criterion Collection on DVD.
Oh My!
Hours and hours and hours
of Beastie Boy everything.
I have watched that thing a million
times and still haven't seen
all of the special features.

I've said before,
I wish I was a Beastie Boy,
but I'm not a boy,
not very Beastie,
and of course when they got together
years ago in New York
I was an awkward child in Georgia.
Nothing beastie about that.

But thank God for the meeting of
Ad-Rock, Mike D. and MCA.
Years and years
of happiness for me.
And thank God for the DVD collection,
pure joy on two discs.

Just writing about it makes me want to go watch it
AGAIN, for hours.
Delicious.