Pauley P Dot Com

Monday, October 24, 2005

Michael Pena

So, I got the DVD for "Crash" the other night
(the 2004, Paul Haggis written one).
I had a feeling I would like the movie,
it's my kinda subject matter
and I'm a big Don Cheadle fan,
and I did.
But my oh my...
When the guy who played the
Latino locksmith did the scene
about the fairy,
I literally stood up, in the middle of it
(I even moved my dogs for a second)
and clapped for him.
I gave him his own little awards ceremony.
I can not remember when I have seen
and actor DELIVER like that in recent
history, with such grace and subtlety
and just plain excellence.
My oh my.
So the next days I couldn't stop thinking about it
and I was too busy to look it up.
I even saw a guy at a bus stop that looked like
him, and was like, wow, what a talent
(I might have even waved).
I went with one of my beloved co-workers
to a thing a few nights later.
She knows alot of movie people who know alot
things, so I made this conversation
happened over and over:

P:Hi, I am Pauley.
X: Hi, I'm ________.
P: Hey, so, _______, have you seen the movie Crash?
The one from 2004?
X: Yes/No. Why?
P: Because the Latino Locksmith in that
film delivered one of the best scenes I've
witnessed in a long time and I don't know
who he is.

I told this to agents, managers, film makers,
directors, producers, everybody.
One of the agent X people told me that Oliver Stone had
felt the same way and had hired him just after seeing
the movie for his new project,
but no one could give me a name.
Finally, this cool movie chick pulled out her
wireless web thing.............
"Michael Pena".
Ahhhhh...
A name.
Michael Pena.
So, Michael Pena...
(in case you google yourself)
Cheers, man,
You are just fantastic,
kudos to you.
I'll see everything you do.
I'm like that with my short list
of favorite actors
(you're in REALLY good company on that list).

-From a BIG new fan.

(BTW, "Pena" might have one of those things that
makes an "N" an "en-yay" in Spanish,
but I spent like 10 minutes trying to
figure out how to make one,
and failed)