Pauley P Dot Com

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Thief In The Knight

(this is for my two Rainbow Girls,
and any other woman who was
conned by a man,
Or anyone who has been taken by a criminal...
I love you,
I'm with you,
I lived it.
And it's not our fault
for trusting)
-------------------

The Thief In The Knight

I'm tired of smoking
I'm tired of choking
on the salt in the spoon
I was fed
until I bled
from a wound
in the heart
and the soul.

So smart
So dark
The beggar
was a chooser...
the user
the abuser
Raping rainbows
for pots of gold.

There was no soul
There was no laughter
that didn't chime of
what you were after.

The only truth
in the endless lie
was that you and I
were a puff of smoke
blown from your pipe
sitting in a throne
while wearing a robe
previously stolen
from someone else's house
where you arrived as a mouse
And left as a rat
And took the clothes
and took that fare
and anything else
you could get from there
To peddle your wares
For the next prey
And use your night
to steal the light
from another life.

Take what you can
A mouse of a man
who will never understand
That to break another
Does not make you clever
It makes you small.

And if we are left
with nothing at all
we still have more
because we have hearts
and we have souls
And surviving your wrath
put us on a path
to a strength
and a joy
you will never enjoy.

As
you
will
never
really
have
Anything.